CESD undertakes public policy research across the following areas:
- Food security
- Research systems and higher education
CESD was also the coordinator of the Leading Authority overseeing the Myanmar Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (MEITI). CESD also partners with the Comprehensive Development Education Centre (CDEC), an organisation providing education and training services for youth and people working in development and several other stakeholders to fulfill its mandate.
CESD provides training and education services for institutions and organisations contributing to the on-going process of reform in Myanmar, including:
- training in leadership and public sector reform for Permanent Secretaries,
- a trade negotiation capacity building workshop for civil servants,
- public revenue model training for Internal Revenue Department staff, and
- value chain analysis training to support rural development.
Heroes falling through the cracks
With the Centre for Economic and Social Development (CESD), K4DM produced short 1-minute videos in English and Myanmar to raise awareness about a research survey CESD was conducting to better understand the challenges facing Myanmar’s migrant workers during the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic.