Last updated December 16, 2021
The Knowledge for Democracy Myanmar (K4DM) initiative website K4dm.ca is committed to privacy, security, and transparency. In this document (the “Privacy Notice”) we explain how we collect and use information that we receive. We also describe your choices regarding collection and use of your personal information, as well as your rights of access and correction.
K4DM is committed to protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Notice explains what information is collected about you when you visit the K4DM website and how it is handled.
All personal information held or collected by K4DM is protected under Canada’s Privacy Act.
Information automatically collected from site visitors
Certain information is automatically collected when you interact with the K4DM website, including:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device and the type of browser you used
- the date and time you accessed the site
- the pages you visited
Web analytics is the collection, measurement, analysis, and reporting of data about website traffic for the purposes of understanding visitor behaviour and optimizing a website’s usefulness.
This website uses Google Analytics to generate aggregate website usage data, including:
- audience-related data, such as geographic location, language preference, frequency of visits, operating system, service provider, and device used to access the site
- traffic source data, including search engines, referrals from other sites, marketing campaigns, and social media, and landing and exit pages
- technical performance such as average page load time.
For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en-GB. Those wishing to opt out of Google Analytics’ data collection can use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
Newsletters and email alerts
Please note that this website provides links to other sites that are not covered by this Privacy Notice.